Ipca Laboratories Ltd. launched "Mission Malaria" as a social cause, to save over a million lives lost every year. Ipca has joined hands with research institutions, foundations, municipalities and other corporate bodies in treating malaria.
Until sometime now, Malaria was on a rampage across Mumbai, with death toll due to malaria rising alarmingly. Ipca, being the market leader in anti-malarial medicines decided to step further and educate the masses on treating malaria cases, dosage regimens and the latest therapy norms as per WHO guidelines.
While Indian doctor activities were ongoing, BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) was also mobilizing its resources to curb the malaria epidemic. However, educating populace on preventive measures was considered as one of the major factors that can free Mumbaikars from the clutches of Malaria.
To fight against Malaria
Precisely for this reason BMC decided to release a film on 'Malaria & its Prevention'. Ipca was called to partner with them due to our long standing credibility and expertise in this field. In October 2010, the film was released at a function held at BMC office at the hands of Mayor of Mumbai, Mrs. Shraddha Jadhav. The Municipal Commissioner Mr. Swadhin Kshatriya and Addl Comm. Ms. Manisha Mhaiskar along with other Corporators were also present during the launch of film.
Our credentials to address this global issue are as follows :
- We are India's Market leader in Antimalarials across all dosage forms.
- One of the world's largest manufacturers of Artemisin-based APIs & Formulations.
- Total backward integration, from growing Artemisinin annua crop to manufacturing APIs & Formulations.
- 18% of current turnover from anti-malarials-around US$ 60mln.
- Dedicated anti-malarials marketing division in India-special task force of 500 people.
- Dr. Peter Weina from the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research- Washington DC conducted several CMEs for Indian Doctors on malaria in May 2009.
- One of the few WHO approved sources of Amodiaquine, Artesunate, Artemether & Lumefantrine (USDMF filed for all four Bulk Drugs).
- Dr. D.C. Jain is a renowned expert on Artemisinin, has 23 patents and has also published many papers on anti-malarials.
- WHO Geneva has approved our API & Formulations manufacturing plants
- Ipca has WHO Prequalifications for Artesunate 50mg + Amodiaquine 153.1mg Co-blister Tablets and Artemether + Lumefantrine 20/120mg Tablets.
- Ipca markets APIs & Formulations of Amodiaquine, Artesunate, Artemether, Arteether, Beta- Arteether (Artemotil), Artesunate Sterile, Chloroquine Phosphate, Lumefantrine, Primaquine Sulphate, Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine
- APIs like Chloroquine Sulphate, Proguanil HCL, Dihydro Artemisinin, Piperaquine Phosphate.
- Other anti-malarial Formulations marketed - Quinine Tablet 300mg, 600mg, & Mefloquine Tablet 250mg.
- Active participant in Global Fund's VPP & AMFm programs.
- Sales of anti-malarial formulations to UNICEF, WHO, IDA, Mission Pharma, PSI, SCMS, MSF, MEG & Ministries of Health in Africa.
- Sale of APIs to Astrazeneca, Pfizer, Bayer, Sanofi Aventis, Dafra, Mepha, Parke Davis among others.
- Ipca does not market Artemisinin based oral monotherapies.